The Vampire Diaries is a huge hit TV show based on books that are just as popular. L.J. Smith’s novels were first published in 1991 and they continued to grow from there. The television show premiered in 2009 and starsNina Dobrev, Paul Wesley and Ian Somerhalder. The books and the show have the same basic premise - two vampires are in love with a teenage girl. Yet, while the basics are similar, fans of L. J. Smith’sbooks can’t help but point out the differences between the Vampire Diaries’ books and the TV show. So this one is for you guys, here’s a list of some of the big differences between the two:
1. One big thing that every fan of the book can’t stand is the hair issue. In the books, Elena is fair and blonde, but in the show she is a brunette. Fans were crying foul before the show even aired.
2. The name of the town. In both the show and books, it’s a small town in Virginia founded before the Civil War. But, the show calls the town Mystic Falls, while in the book it’s called Fell’s Church. The show does feature a Fell’s Church, but it’s just a structure in the cemetery.
3. In both, Elena lives with her aunt after the death of her parents. However, in the book the aunt’s name is Judith. In the show it is Jenna.
4. Another big BIG difference is Elena’s family. In the book, Elena has a four-year-old sister named Margaret. In the show she has a teenage brother named Jeremy. HUGE difference there.
5. In the book, Elena’s parents have been dead for three years when the story starts. But in the show, they had just died.
6. In the show, Elena learns that she is adopted and a descendant of Katherine’s. The book never explained why she looks so much like Katherine.
7. There are a whole lot of friend changes in the show as well. Elena’s best friend in the books, Meredith Sulez, plays a big role in the story. But, she isn’t in the show at all. Then there’s Bonnie McCullough, who in the books, is a tiny little red head. In the show, her name is changed to Bonnie Bennett and she is an African American. In both, Bonnie has magical powers, but in the books she is descended from druids, in the show she is descended from the Salem witches.
8. Matt, Elena’s ex, went through a change too. His last name changes from Honeycutt in the book to Donovan in the show. In the book, Vickie isn’t his sister. But Matt’s last name isn’t the only one changed. Tyler’s last name is originally Smallwood, not Lockwood.
9. The Damon, Stefan and Katherine love triangle is also significantly different in the show and books, but it’s far too complicated to explain here. The whole vampire history is different.
10. In the show, Stefan doesn’t drink human blood (except when he lost control that one time), but in the books he drinks Elena’s blood in an intimate kind of way.
Living life since 110494.
When she was just a girl, she expected the world. But it flew away from her reach so, she ran away in her sleep and dreamed of Paradise, every time she closed her eyes.
In love with camera, cute stuff, yellow, vintage stuff, Paris, Hayley Williams and God.
She don't hate people who loves to judge other, but she just think they don't have the right for that. Freedom is what she searching for .
She believe that a true happiness is measured by one's memories. She believes in so many thing. She believe in destiny. She believe in Karma. She believe that action speak better than words. She believe in love. She believe that dreams really do come true. Too bad, for she believe in so many things but, she's don't believe in herself.
She keep things simple. She's not perfect and this imperfectness makes her mortal and being a mortal is not a sin.
Catholic's faith, Christ follower.